Next, you can either click on the “Edit Description” to add or edit descriptive metadata for the resource, or click on "Save". In both cases, you will be directed to the resource detail page .where you can Add Indexes and Transcripts
To add indexes or transcripts to a resource, go to the resource detail page, click on the appropriate tab on the right sidebar and then click the small “+” button.
NOTE: When no transcripts or indexes are available for a resource, the tabs are not visible to public users. Only organization users and administrators can see them in this case.
Aviary accepts OHMS XML, WebVTT and plain text files for indexes and transcripts. On the next screen:
- Select your file for upload
- Enter a name to distinguish the index/transcript
- Select a language
- Indicate whether the index/transcript should be made public.
If you are uploading a Transcript using a WebVTT file you will see two additional options:
- Is Caption?: when enabled it uses the file for closed caption (CC option in the player)
- Ignore Title: when enable it ignores the "Title" attributes from your WebVTT if present (see the WebVTT Format Website for more details)
Click on "Upload Transcript/Index". The transcript or index is now loaded in the tab.
to your resource.
|Content by Label|