Add Indexes and Transcripts
To add Indexes or Transcripts to a Resource, go to the Resource Detail page, click on the appropriate tab on the right sidebar and then click the small “+” button.
When no transcripts or indexes are available for a resource, the tabs are not visible to public users. Only organization users and administrators can see them in this case.
On the next screen:
- Select your file for upload
- Enter a name to distinguish the Index or Transcript
- Select a language
- Indicate whether the Index or Transcript should be made public
If you are uploading a Transcript using a WebVTT file, you will see two additional options:
- Is Caption?: when enabled it uses the file for closed caption (CC option in the player)
- Ignore Title: when enable it ignores the "Title" attributes from your WebVTT if present (see the WebVTT Format Website for more details)
Click on "Upload Transcript/Index". The transcript or index is now loaded in the tab.
Plain Text Files Formatting
Aviary accepts plain text files as Transcripts. The text files must comply with the following requirements:
- Time stamps have to be formatted: [HH:MM:SS]
- Time stamps can be placed anywhere in the text within the document.
- If no valid time stamps are provided, the full text will be uploaded with a time stamp [00:00:00]
- A Sample Plain Text Document is available here.