Add Indexes and Transcripts
To add Indexes or Transcripts to a Resource, go to the Resource Detail page, click on the appropriate tab on the right sidebar and then click the three stacked dots. You'll see options there, including "Upload another transcript" and "Request new transcript." This page discuss what happens when you select "Upload another transcript." If you select "Request new transcript" this gives you options to send video and audio content to an automated transcription service.
When no transcripts or indexes are available for a resource, the tabs are not visible to public users. Only organization users and administrators can see them in this case.
On the next screen:
- Select your file for upload
- Enter a name to distinguish the Index or Transcript
- Select a language
- Indicate whether the Index or Transcript should be made public
If you are uploading a Transcript using a WebVTT file, you will see two additional options:
- Is Caption?: when enabled it uses the file for closed caption (CC option in the player)
- Ignore Title: when enable it ignores the "Title" attributes from your WebVTT if present (see the WebVTT Format Website for more details)
Click on "Upload Transcript/Index". The transcript or index is now loaded in the tab.
Plain Text Files Formatting
Aviary accepts plain text files as Transcripts. The text files must comply with the following requirements:
- Time stamps have to be formatted: [HH:MM:SS]
- Time stamps can be placed anywhere in the text within the document.
- If no valid time stamps are provided, the full text will be uploaded with a time stamp [00:00:00]
- A Sample Plain Text Document is available here.